The State of Missouri allows for absentee voting. Registered voters who have a legal reason as provided by statute may be able to cast an absentee ballot prior to any given election. All absentee voters must sign an affidavit under penalty of perjury attesting to one of the following legal reasons:
- Absence on Election Day from the jurisdiction of the election authority in which I am registered
- Incapacity or confinement due to illness or physical disability; including caring for a person who is incapacitated or confined due to illness or disability
- Religious belief or practice
- Employment as an election authority or by an election authority at a location other than my polling place
- Incarceration, although I have retained all the necessary qualifications for voting
All requests to receive an absentee ballot by mail must be received by our office no later than 5:00 p.m. on the Wednesday immediately preceding an election. All absentee ballots voted via mail must be received by our office no later than 7:00 p.m. on the day of the election in order to be counted.